Last Year's winner - Shannon Johnson:
The Rising Star Award recognizes and publicly honours a CPHR Saskatchewan member in the first 5 years of his/her career who demonstrates great promise as a future leader in the Saskatchewan human resources community.
Early career excellence includes:
• Fostering long-term success in organizations;
• Innovating, enriching, supporting and championing HR policies, programs and initiatives;
• Demonstrating effective leadership skills;
• Striving for personal excellence;
• Dedication to continuing education and learning;
• Passion and enthusiasm for the profession of human resources;
• Volunteerism and community involvement.
• Be a CPHR Saskatchewan member in good standing at the time of the nomination.
• Work in Saskatchewan or work for an organization with established operations in Saskatchewan.
• Have no more than five years’ experience working in an HR field and have no more than ten years total career experience.
• Be a new graduate (within the last 5 years) of a post-secondary HR or related program.
• Has the goal of pursing the CPHR designation.
• Consent to the nomination and publication of both name and photo in connection with the CPHR Saskatchewan Rising Star Award.
• Be available for a photo/video photoshoot (Week of August 28, 2017)
• Be available to attend the awards celebration at the CPHR Saskatchewan annual conference, on Wednesday, October 4, 2017. You may be asked to appear onstage and address the audience during the award celebration.
The Award Committee will be comprised of current CPHR Saskatchewan's Board Members.
The judging process for the Rising Star Award is broken down into three separate stages.
Stage One – Preliminary nominations are reviewed by the Board Award Committee who selects nominees to move to the 2nd stage of review. During this stage, nominators will be contacted by an Award Committee member to discuss their nominee’s work.
Stage Two – Nominees who make it to stage two will then be required to submit some supplemental information to support their nomination. This may include resume, letters of support, references, and secondary information to support information in the original nomination.
Stage Three – The Award Committee will then review the supplemental information and put forth the top 3 finalists and select a winner.
Terms and Conditions
• Both CPHR Saskatchewan members and non-members are encouraged to be a nominator.
• Nominees must be members in good standing of CPHR Saskatchewan at the time of nomination.
• Nominations are accepted from public or private sector individuals.
• Self-nominations cannot be made in this category.
• The CPHR Saskatchewan Award Committee reserves the right to check the nominee’s references and to confirm the accuracy of the information provided in the nomination package.
• There is no fee to submit a nomination; however, award finalists are responsible for any travel costs related to their participation in the awards program.
Benefits for Award Recipients
The recipient of the Rising Star Award will receive:
• Public recognition at CPHR Saskatchewan’s 2017 conference during the award celebration.
• Recognition in HR Saskatchewan magazine which reaches more than 1,400 members.
• Recognition and congratulations in outside media publications.
• One complimentary registration for the 2017 Conference.
Nominations Open: Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Nominations Close: Friday, June 30, 2017
Finalist Notifications: Monday, July 31, 2017
Finalist Photo/Video shoots: Week of August 28, 2017
Winners Announced: Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Marketing & Communications Manager