The HR Professional Awards will tale place in conjunction with CPHR Saskatchewan’s 11th Annual Conference taking place on October 3-4, 2017. These awards will showcase outstanding human resource achievements in Saskatchewan and honour individuals who inspire above-average people practices.
Nomination applications are represented from the entire province of Saskatchewan’s 1400 members. The nominees are then scrutinized under a judging committee made up of members of the CPHR Saskatchewan Board of Directors.
The Rising Star Award recognizes and publicly honours a CPHR Saskatchewan member in the first 5 years of his/her career who demonstrates great promise as a future leader in the Saskatchewan human resources community.
Early career excellence includes:
- Fostering long-term success in organizations;
- Innovating, enriching, supporting and championing HR policies, programs and initiatives;
- Demonstrating effective leadership skills;
- Striving for personal excellence;
- Dedication to continuing education and learning;
- Passion and enthusiasm for the profession of human resources;
- Volunteerism and community involvement.
HR Team of the Year Award is granted to an HR Team that plays a key role in driving the performance and reputation of an organization, are catalysts for organization-wide change, and serve as trusted advisors on organizational strategy. The team must include at least one CPHR Saskatchewan member with the CPHR designation.
- Provides strategic alignment of HR functions with corporate strategy, and can envision the big picture
- Creates and implements innovative solutions
- Has the ability to execute
- Results oriented - someone who gets things done
- Ability to influence change
- Plays a key role in driving the performance and reputation of an organization
The Distinguished Career Award is awarded to a CPHR Saskatchewan member with at least 15 years of experience in Human Resources who has made significant contributions to the advancement of the human resources profession in their organization and/or the HR community in Saskatchewan at the senior and/or executive level.
Excellence at the executive level includes:
- Significant contribution to the HR Profession;
- Understanding current governance principles and methods;
- Participation in Strategic Planning processes;
- Supporting the development of relevant vision, mission, values and goals;
- Identifying current and future human resources needs to support the organization’s strategic goals, objectives or business plan;
- Influences others with respect to the value of HR;
- Effective human resources leadership;
- Personal attributes that demonstrate inherent understanding of HR, and ability to have impact beyond their own role;
- Displays solid work ethic, dedication and innovation.
Nominations Open: Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Nominations Close: Friday, June 30, 2017
Finalist Notifications: Monday, July 31, 2017
Finalist Photo/Video shoots: Week of August 28, 2017
Winners Announced: Tuesday, October 3, 2017
Marketing & Communications Manager