The HR Professional Awards will tale place in conjunction with CPHR Saskatchewan’s 11th Annual Conference taking place on October 3-4, 2017. These awards will showcase outstanding human resource achievements in Saskatchewan and honour individuals who inspire above-average people practices.
Nomination applications are represented from the entire province of Saskatchewan’s 1400 members. The nominees are then scrutinized under a judging committee made up of members of the CPHR Saskatchewan Board of Directors.
View Frequently asked Questions & Answers (coming soon)!
The Rising Star Award recognizes and publicly honours a CPHR Saskatchewan member in the first 5 years of his/her career who demonstrates great promise as a future leader in the Saskatchewan human resources community.
Early career excellence includes:
- Fostering long-term success in organizations;
- Innovating, enriching, supporting and championing HR policies, programs and initiatives;
- Demonstrating effective leadership skills;
- Striving for personal excellence;
- Dedication to continuing education and learning;
- Passion and enthusiasm for the profession of human resources;
- Volunteerism and community involvement.
HR Team of the Year Award is granted to an HR Team that plays a key role in driving the performance and reputation of an organization, are catalysts for organization-wide change, and serve as trusted advisors on organizational strategy. The team must include at least one CPHR Saskatchewan member with the CPHR designation.
- Provides strategic alignment of HR functions with corporate strategy, and can envision the big picture
- Creates and implements innovative solutions
- Has the ability to execute
- Results oriented - someone who gets things done
- Ability to influence change
- Plays a key role in driving the performance and reputation of an organization
The Distinguished Career Award is awarded to a CPHR Saskatchewan member with at least 15 years of experience in Human Resources who has made significant contributions to the advancement of the human resources profession in Saskatchewan at the senior and/or executive level.
Excellence at the executive level includes:
- Significant contribution to the HR Profession;
- Understanding current governance principles and methods;
- Participation in Strategic Planning processes;
- Supporting the development of relevant vision, mission, values and goals;
- Identifying current and future human resources needs to support the organization’s strategic goals, objectives or business plan;
- Influences others with respect to the value of HR;
- Effective human resources leadership;
- Personal attributes that demonstrate inherent understanding of HR, and ability to have impact beyond their own role;
- Displays solid work ethic, dedication and innovation.
Nominations Open: Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Nominations Close: Friday, June 30, 2017
Finalist Notifications: Monday, July 31, 2017
Finalist Photo/Video shoots: Week of August 28, 2017
Winners Announced: Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Marketing & Communications Manager